Sunday, October 25, 2009

Deck - Week 6

Picture frame completed
Once again Saturday brought rain. Fortunately it was only intermittent showers so I was able to get some work done. I laid out the locations for the railing posts and finished the outside edge of the picture frame boards. I also added another joist to provide a place to attach the board that runs up the center of the deck.
Starting to look like a real deck
Sunday's weather was beautiful (seems like a trend that's going to continue next week-end). I got half the deck planked. The CorectDeck CX is really easy to work with, but because of the picture frame, every board is custom fit and time consuming. Next week should go a bit faster as I'll have the saw on the completed part of the deck so there will be a lot less up and down the stairs.

No comments: